CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Going Away


Me, Allysyn and Nora

Cake

Lydia and I

My hubby and I
                One of the most difficult aspects of military life is “going aways.”  As a civilian every friendship you make has the potential to last a lifetime.  When you live in the same city your whole life you see the same people week in and week out. When a civilian loses touch with friends it has nothing to do with distance. When you move every three or so years your friendships have the potential to last a lifetime, but your shared experiences have an expiration date.  It’s hard to meet up for coffee with your bestie when she moves to Texas or Japan and you are in England.  Ed and I met Nolan the first day we were in England.  His wife, Allysyn and I had my high school alma mater in common.  Allysyn always encouraged my job search and career ambitions.  We are lucky to know them and hope to see them down the road.  Ed and I have made several friendships like this along the way, but this is the first time we’ve remembered to bring a camera to a going away.   I guess the good thing about a going away is it’s never really goodbye, just see you later.   

0 comments: