CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Bath, UK

Ed and I took an ITT (Information, Travel, Tickets) trip to Bath, UK. A favorite city of several literary greats including Jane Austen and Charles Dickens.
Some pub signs are better than others

The city of bath from the ground.

Ed and I at some gardens in Bath
The Royal Cresent
The Bath Circus, in England a circus is simply a traffic circle not a elephants and peanuts circus. The Bath Circus, the Picadillay Circus and not a single tiger or fire ring in site!
The Bath Circus has three equally sized curved buildings surrounding the circus. The buildings are five stories. Three levels have roman columns in all three styles, Doric, Ionic and Corinthian.

Ballroom
Vaulted ceilings in the Bath Abbey

Bell ropes. Ed and I climbed to the top of the bell tower.

The back of the clock

The bells, they chimed while we were up there


Bath from the top!
Ed and I at the top!
Heading back down.
The Roman Bath, built around 70 AD

View of the Abbey from the Baths


Dead Roman

His Grave

0 comments: