CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Jerusalem, Israel

Ed overlooking Jerusalem from the Mount of Olives.  The gold dome is the Dome of the Rock, the Grey one in the back is the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.

Garden of Gethsemane

Church of the Assumption

Streets of Jerusalem

Standing outside the Church of the Holy Sepulchre

Street of Misery, the road Jesus walked to crucifixion

Where Simon helped Jesus carry his cross

Room of the Last Supper

Wailing Wall

Near King David's tomb

Just another vista
Our next stop, and main purpose of the cruise, was Jerusalem.  I was astonished to realize that this city, which plays such a pivotal role in three major religions is one square mile.  It is so small that it only took us about two minutes to walk between holy sites.   Also, I think I heard this song about four times that day.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8AWFf7EAc4&feature=related

0 comments: