Edward deployed over the summer, leaving me alone for both our 2 year anniversary and my 25th birthday. I decided leaving me alone during the last birthday of my youth was unacceptable, so I hopped a Space A flight to the good ol' US of A, 'Merica, land of the free, home of the brave. Space A was an adventure and made me appreciate all the sacrafices the men and women of the military make every day. That's all I have to say about that. When I finally got home to Colorado my sister, Anna and her kids, Dominic and Ryleigh were there to meet me. My parents and younger siblings were also around. It's amazing how tall my kid brother's are these days. Also it is amazing that they aren't kids anymore, both have graduated from High School, are working, and attending University. Colorado Springs didn't stay the same either, there was more build up, and pot is now legal there, also crime rate has gone up. I'm not saying there is a strong correlation, but someone should probably crunch those numbers.
My mother-in-law, Irene, came out to visit me and help me celebrate Edward's and my anniversary. We spent the first day she was there shopping with Dene and Alicia. The next day we went to mass at the USAFA Chapel and had lunch at Biaggi's, the location of our rehersal dinner. It was an excellent way to celebrate our marriage. I'm so lucky to have such a great In-Laws. It's obvious why Edward is such a great husband.
Next, I celebrated my 25th birthday with a few of my friends from childhood up through my days at University. We went to 3 Margarita's and then to a country western night club. It was an epic way to celebrate getting yet another year older. My sister, Michele, friend Dan and I went hiking in the mountains of Colorado a couple of days later. They were nice to my sea-level lungs and took me on an easy tourist hike near Manitou. It was so great getting out into the mountains and soaking in my home state at it's best.
The last few days I was there I visited my friend's new additions. Many of my friends are pregnant or recently added children to their family. I'm not quite ready to make additions myself, but these are some pretty cute arguments to my position.
 |
| Gregums |
 |
| Rocky Mountain High |
 |
| Mariposa Lily, some of Colorado's beautiful, hardy flora. |
 |
| Lizard |
 |
| Savian Sheets |
 |
| Kharece Campbell, she was born while I was in Colorado! |
0 comments:
Post a Comment